Clay County Hospital presents “A Diabetes Seminar” on April 18th, 2015, 8am-1pm, at Calvary Baptist Church, 901 N. Olive, Flora, IL. The general public and healthcare staff are invited to attend this seminar to learn how to control diabetes. Please contact Stephen Welty at 618-662-2191, ext. 312 with any questions. This is FREE and OPEN to the community. Please plan on attending and learning about controlling diabetes.
Clay County Hospital’s Diabetes Seminar Outline of Presenters:
- 7:30-8:00 am Registration and sign-in
- 8:00-8:15 am Introduction and Community Diabetes Survey results
- 8:15-9:00 am Lois Dishman-Cooper, PA- controlling diabetes and weight management
- 9:00-9:30 am Lisa Sigg, pharmacist-presentation of diabetes medicines
- 9:30-10:00 am Kim Fleener, MS RD LDN-diabetes and nutrition
- 10:00-10:20 am Break and Vendor Booths
- 10:20-10:50 am Stephen Welty, RN, CDE, What is diabetes?
- 10:50-11:20 am Debbie Devall, ACSW/LCSW, Stress, coping, and diabetes
- 11:20-11:40 am Tina Canada, RN, WCC, wound prevention with diabetes
- 11:40-12:00- Break and Vendor Booth
- 12:00-1:00 pm A1C Champion Presentation-personal experience with diabetes.
Various vendor booths dealing with diabetes products, medication, and literature will be available. Please plan on attending and enjoy learning how to live healthier!