Family and friends are an important part of a patient’s healing process and can help the patient’s hospital stay seem more pleasant. Our visiting policy is designed to offer the nurturing benefits that family and friends can bring, while allowing patients time to rest and recover.
Visiting is encouraged between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m. Families who feel they need to stay need to discuss this with the nursing staff.
- Clay County Hospital is a smoke free campus.
- Visitors must wear appropriate clothes, including shirt and shoes.
- Visitors with colds, flu, sore throat, and contagious diseases should not visit.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
- Special visiting arrangements may be made for family members. Please check with the nurse.
- Visitors should not bring food or drinks to patients unless approved by the doctor or nurse.
- Be thoughtful of roommates who also need quiet and rest.
Parking for patients and visitors is available in the lots in front of the main entrance and the ER entrance.
Please lock your car.
The Cafeteria is located off the main lobby. It offers a selection of hot and cold foods, salad bar and drinks.
Visitors are welcome to dine with us.
Breakfast: 8:00 a.m. to 9:15 a.m.
Lunch: 11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.
Snacks and Beverages are available between meals. Vending machines are located in the cafeteria.
Supper Served to patients only.
The gift shop (The Gift Box) is located in the corridor between the main lobby and the Nursing unit.
It has a large variety of specialty gift items, cards, candy and toiletries.
Hours: Monday – Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.