Perform nursing care to patients of all ages under the scope of IL RN license as well as the policies/procedures of CCH. Medication administration; Documentation; Collaborate with all members of the healthcare team; Electronic health record documentation.
Night Shift (7 p.m.- 7 a.m.) 3 days a week. Shift differential: 6% from 7pm to 11pm, then 9% from 11pm to 3am.
Would you like to play a part in this area’s premier health care organization? Work in a place where you can find your work life balance? Clay County Hospital is hiring qualified RNs for Med/Surg and ER. Immediate openings on night shift. Join our close-knit team and impact the lives of others in a professional, compassionate environment. You’ll have great co-workers, great pay, excellent benefits, leadership that listens & works beside you, plus the opportunity for advancement.
What will your day look like?
As an RN at Clay County Hospital, your case load will be based on the patient acuity. You are supported by your supervisor, CNAs and the Chief Nursing Officer. You will be responsible for working with other healthcare professionals to help treat patients with various injuries, illnesses, or disabilities. You will use modern equipment to monitor patients and communicate with staff about patient status and needs.
These are tasks you may undertake on any given day:
· Observe and record patient behavior
· Perform physical examinations and diagnostic tests
· Collect patient health history
· Counsel and educate patients and their families on treatment plans
· Administer medication, change wound dressings and care for other treatment options
· Read and interpret patient information, making treatment decisions when appropriate
· Consult with supervisors and doctors to decide on the best treatment plan for patients
· Direct and supervise nurses, nurse assistants and nurse aides
As you well know, there is more to nursing than just taking a pulse. You must be well prepared to manage the ins and outs of dealing with patients and families.
· You must be well organized, a stickler for details, and able to multi task
· A kind and compassionate RN will be considerate, sympathetic, non-judgemental and able to comfort the patient.
· You are able to interact in a positive way with patients, coworkers and doctors.
· You are a good negotiator and able to help patients and family members who are dealing with illness or injury to make good decisions.
· You are dedicated to your craft continuously work to improve your skills
· You must be able to do the physical aspects of your role including the physical strength to stand and walk for your entire shift as well as assist patients.
· An RN must be able to analyze, review and judge different situations they face and take the right actions according to the situation
· You are flexible and able to work overnight or extra shifts if needed.
Candidates must have earned the minimum of an associate degree in nursing and have a current unsanctioned IL State RN License.
Preferred additional training and certification includes:
What’s your WHY for being a RN?
No matter your reason for entering the field of Nursing Clay County Hospital may be the perfect place for you to find the role you have been looking for.
· You Get to Help Others—in a BIG Way
· It’s always interesting work
· You have plenty of opportunity for professional development
· Great benefits and rewards for your work
· Competitive pay rates based on your experience
· Weekend shift differential
· Night shift differentials
· Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund
· Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
Work in a beautiful state of the art facility in Flora, IL. Take a look at CCH! We would love to talk with you. Clay County Hospital - Quality close to home.