What to Expect
Senior adults often face unique emotional problems including:
- Adjusting to declining health.
- Crying spells and/or explosive anger/agitation.
- Deterioration of daily living skills.
- Debilitating problems with grief and loss.
- Difficulty coping with change.
- Feelings of anxiety and depression.
- Loneliness and isolation.
- Negative changes in eating and sleeping habits.
- Strained family relationships.
- Strong sense of hopelessness often accompanied by suicidal thinking.
- Trouble adjusting to retirement.
- Feeling helpless to make changes.
Senior renewal provides the flexibility of receiving care for emotional issues, including depression, anxiety and “nerves” while living at home. An individual plan of care is developed to treat the seniors’ unique needs. All information is confidential.
Senior Renewal provides an intensive level of treatment without the high cost or inconvenience of hospitalization. Through education and therapy, patients gain insight into their illnesses and learn coping skills. The Senior Renewal Staff can coordinate transportation.
- Evaluation by Board-Certified Psychiatrist (MD)
- Group Therapy
- Individual Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Medication Education
- Case Management
Phone: (618) 662-6621
Fax: (618) 662-3313
For more information about Senior Renewal services please contact our Senior Renewal Supervisor at 618-662-6621.
Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The Center for Senior Renewal is located next to CCH Medical Clinic and is open, excluding holidays.
Arrangements for assessments after hours can be scheduled by appointment. The psychiatrist is on call seven days a week, 24 hours a day, and is at Senior Renewal weekly to see clients.