The Rehabilitation Department of Clay County Hospital provides services for physical, occupational, and speech therapy to inpatients and outpatients. Services are provided for patients of all ages (neonate, infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric) who have decreased functional ability. We accept referrals from Physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants for all specialties and primary care. If you must go out of town to see a specialist you can still receive your therapy services at Clay County Hospital.
Occupational Therapy Evaluations, Work Injury Care, Pain Management, Post Surgical Rehab, Splinting, Upper Extremity Orthotics, Neurological Rehab, Activity of Daily Living Training
Speech Therapy Dysphagia Therapy (Swallow evaluations and therapy), Speech Evaluations and Training (Cognitive, Expressive and Receptive, and Pronunciation), VitalStim for patients with swallowing dysfunction.
What to Expect
You must register prior to your first visit – please bring your insurance cards.
Please check with your insurance provider (or your plan book) to see if there is a benefit limit for therapy.
- You will be asked to fill out a paper about your medical history, current medications, and previous tests and treatments for this condition.
- The therapist will evaluate your condition by performing tests and measurements.
- The therapists will discuss with you the evaluation results and recommend a plan of care for the treatment of your condition.
- Treatment will be started after you and the therapist agree to the plan of care.
- The therapist will instruct you on ways to take care of your condition at home including giving you exercises or activities to complete.
- Follow-up appointments for additional treatment will be made as necessary.
- Your care will continue to be managed by the therapists that performed the evaluation; although, you may see a licensed physical therapists’ assistant on some subsequent visits.
What is Lymphedema? Download the powerpoint from Stephanie Schaubert, DPT, CLT to learn more.
Lymphedema Therapy PowerPoint
You can also download the PDF version here: Lymphedema Therapy PDF
Phone Number: 618-662-2131
Fax Number: (618) 662-8080